måndag 18 december 2006

My tax demand for £0.00

Last week I received a statement from the Inland Revenue telling me that I owed £0.00.

I telephoned to say that I did not need this information and if there were any cuts to be made in the "service", this might be a good place to start.

Needless to say, the bureaucrat I spoke to explained how important it was to tell people this. I said I could have been notified by email as I had completed my return on line. There was no answer to this.

Meantime, we are threatened with wholesale closure of post offices.

The tax system costs over £25 billion a year.

Inga kommentarer:

Ultimate net zero lunacy?

The ultimate net zero lunacy is probably de-carbonising and trying to electrify the entire railway system.  In the first place, the railways...