torsdag 17 maj 2012

Cambridge professorial ignorance

I can hardly believe this from an acquaintance

"I've been in dialogue with a professor of land economics at Cambridge past 2 weeks. Astonishing, he did not understand the nature of economic rent! This embarrassed him and he tried to pretend he did know but it was too late and I could not rescue the situation. I got a load of dodgy excuses and accusations and now he is blanking me. I'm really annoyed with myself for not spotting it early enough."

His predecessor was Donald Denman who knew all about it. I would have thought you were starting from a reasonable assumption. They should pick up some beggar off the street and give him the professor's job. Beggars know about location value.

Inga kommentarer:

Ultimate net zero lunacy?

The ultimate net zero lunacy is probably de-carbonising and trying to electrify the entire railway system.  In the first place, the railways...